London 2023 promises to be a bumper year of new venues opening in Mayfair
With a reputation for being the flashier, showier side of the town Mayfair looks set to take the title for London’s most exciting event space. Here’s the new Mayfair hotels opening in 2023 that are set to be the talk of the town.
The arrival of Mandarin Oriental Hanover Square, sister property to 5star Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park will see Hanover Square, London’s oldest garden square, rival its better-known neighbours Berkeley Square and Grosvenor Square. Due to open in Spring 2023, an urban spa promises plenty of wellbeing opportunities whilst a dedicated boardroom and selection of restaurants will provide exclusive hire opportunities for events. Michelin chef Akira Back heads up the kitchens and the four in-house venues:
- Akira Black will be an all-day dining restaurant with 148 seats, serving Asian American dishes that have been inspired by Japanese and Korean cooking
- Dosa, a 14-seater counter-style restaurant, will be a more intimate affair, leaning into theatrical culinary experiences and serving up contemporary Korean dishes
- ABar Lounge will serve up finely mixed drinks, small bites and live DJ sets
- ABar Rooftop will bring the Asian-influenced cocktails and panoramic views of London
Round the corner of Bond Street and Conduit Street and neighbour to Annabels members club, comes the UK’s first ever St Regis Hotel opening on the former Westbury with 196 rooms and suites. Over £90 million of redevelopment brings a jazz bar, a signature spa and a whole new floor with views over Berkeley Square
Demonstrating that luxury and sustainability don’t have to be strangers, 1 Hotel are bringing their eco-conscious design into the heart of Mayfair. Overlooking Green Park, their eco-conscious, modern design will echo their nature-inspired mission, by bringing the outdoors in. Interiors use natural materials from the British Isles whilst the Garden Terrace restaurant, headed up by Michelin Star chef Tom Sellers, will feature seasonal, organic and locally sourced ingredients. Plus, great news for event planners; 5 inter-connecting event rooms will be available.
Over where Mayfair meets Marylebone, will be The BoTree, a new 5-star hotel opening in July 2023 that puts conscious luxury at its heart. Featuring two restaurants (including one with rooftop views) plus a private screening room, unique bars and the ultimate retreat for those seeking privacy, a suite with its own elevator lobby and outdoor terrace.
With so many new openings, it’s no surprise that other venues are upping their A-game to ensure they retain their iconic status. The Dorchester, one of London’s most opulent hotels, has unveiled its first major renovation in 30 years. A brighter lobby with enlarged windows welcomes guests at the front, whilst at the other end of the lobby is the new Artists’ Bar featuring work from British artists, 80 percent of whom are female, while Liberace’s mirrored piano takes center stage. There will also be a James Bond-themed Vesper Bar, and a Cake & Flowers shop with a new European pastry chef. The new look of the guestrooms comes in six different colour palettes, all very light and bright.
- Here at Evolve Events we work with some of the most prestigious and unique venues available. If you’d like to arrange a viewing with any of these new Mayfair hotels or need any other help producing your event just get in touch with the team.
- TEL : 020 7610 2808 – EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org